link to Bismarck Public School District
Rita Murphy Elementary School Rita Murphy - link home Rita Murphy - link home
Announcements Staff Powerschool Library Calendar


Home














Printer Friendly Page
you are here:   Rita Murphy  >>  About Our School

About Our School

Rita Murphy School
611 North 31st Street
Bismarck ND 58501
Phone: 701-323-4190
Fax: 701-323-4195
Principal: Matt Fricke

History

Rita Murphy Elementary School, named after a highly regarded English teacher in the Bismarck Public Schools, opened in September of 1969 with an enrollment of approximately 150 students. Since that time, the district has built three major additions, including one of the largest elementary gymnasiums in the city. In 2007 we finished the last of the three construction projects. It includes eight regular classrooms, several specialist areas, a Library media center, a music room, and a multipurpose area and kitchen.

Currently the enrollment at Rita Murphy stands at approximately 585 students in grades K-6. The student base is made up of neighborhood children as well as those from rural areas to the east and north of the city of Bismarck.

Rita Murphy has a dedicated faculty of 27 classroom teachers as well as specialists in the areas of reading, physical education, vocal and instrumental music, library media, gifted and talented, special education and counseling. The entire teaching staff at Murphy consists of fourty-three highly qualified professional educators. 80% of them have Bachelors of Science Degrees in Elementary Education and the other 20% of them have a Masters Degrees in a variety of Educational fields. In addition to the teaching staff, a loyal support staff, made up of secretaries, custodians, a library aide, cooks, playground supervisors, a nurse, and instructional aides help our school run smoothly.

Rita Murphy documents include the the Elementary School Handbook, the Rita Murphy Balanced Score Card, Newsletters, and a Calendar of Events. All items can be found on line, and we encourage parents to use the schools web page to stay informed.


Balanced Scorecard


Murphy Continuous Improvement Plan (2011-12) (pdf document)
File Size: 415.67 kb


Bismarck Public Schools - link to district home